verse of the day

Saturday 6 April 2024

Our Guardian. ( Psalm 91 )

 Let us consider further thoughts from Psalm 86 ,v2 reads ,'Guard my life',and of course God did guard Davids life,from wild beasts,fearful enemies,and his fellow Israelites. But we could go further than that,from the moment he was conceived in his mothers womb God preserved him.I am convinced like David I was preserved from my mothers womb till now,I believe I was premature,and as a young lad I was  saved from drowning. Everyone has a destiny,death will come  in God's time for the word of God reminds us ,our times are in His hands,that includes the time of our death.All humanity lives in the shadow of death we can't escape it, God will preserve us until He see's fit.Now I read daily of so many Christians dying violent deaths,the word to them would be, to be faithful unto death (Revelation 2 v10) Many have experienced it,and many more will ,may we remember all those who are living  with that threat hanging over them,may they be given grace to not only to live for Christ but to die for Him .David was not to die as a  martyr, he was chosen to become Israels king,no one and nothing would stop that. God has got a purpose for all our lives ,no one,and nothing can prevent that happening.In Psalm 91 v7 we have these words ,'A thousand shall fall at your side ,but it will not come near you'.

                                                       'Never let us not forget  that our God

                                                                      is Sovereign'

No comments: