verse of the day

Monday 15 April 2024

It's all about Him. (Isaiah 53 )

 We owe Christ so much,in the book ,'The valley of Vison', we have a collection of prayers by the  Puritans ,we have one entitled,'Love Lustres at Calvary'.we read the following.

                                           'Christ was all anguish that I might  be all joy,

                                            cast off that I might be brought in ,

                                            trodden down as an enemy

                                            that I might be welcomed as a friend,

                                            surrendered  to hell's worst

                                            that I might attain heaven's  best,

                                            stripped that I might be clothed,

                                            wounded that I might be healed,

                                            made a shame that I might have eternal light.

                                            My Saviour  wept that all tears might be wiped

                                            from my eyes,

                                            bore a thorny    crown that I  might have

                                            a glory -diadem.

 'When I think of all He's done  for me the guilty one,can you wonder why it is I love Him so'



                                           

                                      

No comments: