verse of the day

Friday 19 April 2024

Blockage ( Lamentations 3 v 40)

 Every now again I pour a certain liquid down my drains, to clear any blockage,blockage has consequences.It caused me think about the things that come into our lives that can be classed as a blockage ,the result they have consequences in our relationship with God.It would be a good idea to pray what the Psalmist prayed.'Search me ,O God, and know my heart ; test me me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you,and lead me along the path of everlasting life'. (Psalm 139 v 23 -24 ) Francis Bottome wrote a hymn  based on the words from that Psalm, here are the words from that hymn.

                            'Search me, O God! my actions try,and let my life appear

                            As seen by Thine all searching eye,To mine my ways make clear.

                            Search all my sense and know my heart,who canst make known

                            And let the deep, the hidden part ,To me be fully shown.

                            Throw light into the darkened cells,where passions reign within;

                            Quicken my conscience till it feels, the loathsomeness of sin.

                             Search all my thoughts,the secret springs, the motives that control;

                             The rebel heart where evil things, hold empire o'er my soul.

                             Search,till Thy fiery glance! i'ts holy light through all

                             And I by grace am brought at last,before Thy face to fall.

                            Thus prostrate I shall learn of Thee,what now I feebly prove,

                             That God alone in Christ can be Unutterable love'

                            

No comments: