verse of the day

Friday 5 April 2024

Just as I am. (Matthew 5 v 2) 1

 Psalm 86 is a prayer of  David, a prayer that God would  hear and answer him, he comes with  a right attitude for he declares,'For I am poor and needy'.We are talking about, the man after God's own heart, but the important thing is this,when we come to God, we are still in this body of flesh.Here is what the apostle Paul wrote i Romans 7 v 18,'For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is,in my sinful nature'. He is not exaggerating he considers God  in his total holiness,and then he honestly considers himself.The hymn ,' Just as I am without one plea', was written by a Christian, Charlotte Elliott,who suffered from ill health.One day confined to her home,feeling depressed, useless and lonely,she recalled what someone once said to her,'Come to Jesus just as you are', That inspired her to write that hymn,which has blessed many people.Although it is associated with  evangelistic meetings, someone has said 'It is suitable  for altar calls, and also during Holy communion'. Here are some of the words from this hymn,to unsaved sinners, and saved sinners.

                                 'Just as I am without one plea,but that Thy blood was shed for me,

                                  And that Thou  bidd'st  me come to thee , O lamb of God, I come!

                                  Just as I am,poor,wretched,blind; sight,riches,healing of the mind,

                                  Yea all I need,in Thee to find,O Lamb of God I come!

No comments: