verse of the day

Sunday 10 December 2023

What a day. ( 1 John 3 v 1- 2 )

A friend of mine has an elderly aunt in a residential home, her mind is slowly going,and she is at a point were she does not recognise her niece.One day when she visited her and it made her feel sad, but she felt the Lord saying to her,'that her aunt's soul was alright'. It was Horatio G. Spafford who experienced a tremendous loss in  his life that led him to write a wonderful hymn ,the first verse goes like this.

                                           'When peace like a river, attendeth my way,

                                           When sorrows like sea billows roll;

                                            Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,

                                            It  is well , it is well with my soul.

Yes that old ladies mind was gone,her body worn out by age,but she has a soul that will soon depart and be with the Lord, what a glorious future she will have. The word of God tells us that we will have a new body a spiritual body (1Cor 15 v 44) No more suffering ,no more pain,no more death,and what a glorious future we will have,I can only imagine. We will see  our great King in his beauty,and we shall reign with  Him for ever,and just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man,( 1 Cor 15 v 49 even Jesus ,( 1 John 3 v 2 )

                                      '    What a day that will be,When my Jesus I shall see,

                                  When I look upon His face the one who saved by His grace,

                                  When He takes me by the hand,and leads me to the promise land,

                                             What a day,glorious day, that will be.

                                                            Words Jim Hill

                                       


No comments: