verse of the day

Friday 29 December 2023

Give me your heart ( Revelation 3 v20 )

In Proverbs 23 v 26 we read,' My son,give me your heart', spoken by a father ,warning his son as regards getting involved  with an immoral woman.Enid B.Mellor  points out what the father is asking,that his son would give him his full,undivided attention.There is most definitely that to it,we can get so easily distracted,the result is we don't listen,and of course there are times we don't want to listen, especially if we are young.Not realising that we would avoid a lot of dangers and hurts .if only we had listened,if only,I remember a man who used to preach in my church,we called him the pig farmer,telling us that he was convicted by those words,'give me your heart', the result was he became a Christian.There are so many things and voices tugging at our heart.Charles Bridges writes,'Many are the claimants for the heart,Heaven and hell contend for it. The world with its riches, honours, and pleasures; and science with  its more plausible charms- cries - Give me your heart'.Christ stands at the door of our hearts saying let me in,let me in,'give me your heart'. I made decisions as regards Jesus to come into my life when I was young,but unfortunately I give my heart to other things,but it wasn't until I grew older,in all my need,I give Christ my heart.

                                                                'We all have a choice'

No comments: