verse of the day

Monday 25 December 2023

Be a star. ( Acts 1 v 8)

 There is a lady I know,whose name means ,'star',and it reminded me of the star of Bethlehem,that guided the wise men to Jesus.I wonder what  you would think if  I said , that we Christians should all be stars ,leading people to Christ. You may reply I'm not qualified to lead people to Christ ,better to leave it to the professionals, who knows what they are doing. Yes I know that we are not all gifted in the same way,that's the way it should be .Every Christian has the Holy Spirit ,that means He will help us in our weakness , and we have a wonderful promise,( Psalm 32 v8)  'I  will instruct you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you'. In the  last verse in Matthews gospel we have these assuring words spoken by our Saviour, ''I am with you always'.Then we have the precious word of God, that word we are told is alive and active. Sharper than any two edge sword,it penetrates even to dividing  soul and spirit,joints and marrow,it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart (Hebrews 4 v 12) Then last but not least we have prayer, when we pray we are acknowledging our dependence on God. Many people in the entertainment industry wants to be stars,well we are dealing with something more important than entertainment,far more important.So the question is, do we want to be a star,and lead people to Jesus?

                                                            'Go on, be a Star'

                                                                                                                              

No comments: