verse of the day

Tuesday 19 December 2023

Never forget.( 2 Corinthians 13 v 14 )

 I often wondered why Christina Rossetti depicted the nativity as taking place in the bleak midwinter ,for a long time it didn't make sense. Well she was an English poet and she felt that our winter with all its bleakness,was very descriptive of what many people in this world are going through. The oppressed, those experiencing conflict,the lonely,homeless ,sorrowing,the hungry,the persecuted,exploited,the nativity as she saw it,is telling us of God who loves and cares  . I will share something I read recently,about two people in a conversation.The first one says,'I believe that God hears our prayers,and cherishes them.I believe He answers by sending His Spirit,and peace and insight.I don't think He responds by turning away bullets and curing cancer.Though sometimes that does happen. The second person says ,' In other words the answer is no?. The first person replies,no, sometimes the answer is,'' This is life,in all its variety. Make your way through it with grace, and never forget ,I  love you''

                                                    ' Love came down at Christmas'

No comments: