verse of the day

Monday 11 December 2023

Listening ( James 1 v 19 )

 I visited a friend recently , I thought we could share things together, but it turned out differently, the visit lasted just over two hours. Now we are all encouraged to be good listeners, it is important, well I really put it into practice during this visit.for during the visit I must have spoken about ten minutes,I just listened. He is a godly man,and he appeared to just want to talk. He shared much of his past experiences ,as regards  his family,the time before he became a Christian,how he became a Christian, and so it went on, and I just listened, I didn't mind,he is my friend. One of qualities to being a good counsellor is to be a good listener,I believe to know when to keep quite is important.In Proverbs 17 v 28 we read,' Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent,and discerning and if they hold their tongues'.There is a time for speaking and  there is a time for being quite,in times of provocation the less said the better. My friend needed me to listen. he needed to talk ,so I listened,but just a closing  thought we need to listen to what God is saying to us,that's very important.

No comments: