verse of the day

Sunday 3 December 2023

He pleased God . ( Romans 15 v 3 )

 I preached a sermon recently,and afterwards a lady spoke to me,and said how she appreciated what I had said ,and I thanked her.Often when one preaches a sermon we don't get much response,A friend of mine  preached a sermon and he said he didn't get any response,I think that discouraged him, I can understand that.Later on in the day I prayed to my loving heavenly Father,and I said, 'Father did that sermon please you?',I hope so.I'm often  challenged when I read about Enoch ,( Genesis 5 v 24 /Hebrews 11 v 5 )we read that he walked with God,and that by faith he didn't die for God translated him to heaven, and he left this testimony, that he pleased God. King David did something absolutely awful,(2 Samuel 11)and so we read ,'The thing David had done displeased the Lord'.I wonder do we ever ask the question,am I pleasing God in what I am doing,in what I am saying,and what I'm thinking. Is man's well done more important than God's well done ?, The word of God challenges us to do everything, to the glory of  God, ( 1 Corinthians 10 v 31)We can only go so far in pleasing people,yes its not wrong to please people,but it is more important to please God and glorify Him in all we do.

No comments: