verse of the day

Thursday 15 June 2023

Witnessing ( 1 Thessalonians 1 v 4- 10 )

 I remember when I was at work, and someone commented about my pleasant demeanor,I cannot remember what I said, but it reminds me what I was reading today from 1 Peter 3 v 13 ff, the context  being of Christians coming under attack,and how we should respond, we are not to be intimidated by them,he goes on to say if someone ask you as regards your Christian hope,we should  always be ready to explain it, not in a threatening way,but in a gentle and respectful way.But we are also told,to live in such a way,that our lives will speak for themselves,I like how one person puts it,'So keep a clear conscience before God so that when people throw mud at you,none of it will stick. They'll end up realizing that they're the ones who need a bath' I want to highlight a number things,we will be attacked at times because of our faith in Christ,that should not silence us,we are not to be afraid,our dear Saviour wasn't. As regards witnessing ,how we do it is very important. in the town where I live,there are Christians who stand in the town centre  screaming at people to be saved.That is not appropriate ,if we want people to listen to the good news of  Christ ,we should not do it in an offensive manner.Last but not least ,our lives must be consistent with our Christian confession.

No comments: