verse of the day

Friday 30 June 2023

Obstacles ( Matthew15 v 21 - 28 )

 While on holiday recently,in a charity shop,I managed to strike up a conversation with a man,I asked him  I wonder if you wouldn't mind me asking him a pertinent question, 'do you know the Lord as your Saviour?,' He replied that he had been brought up as a JW, but he left that,he went on to say he went to an Anglican church, but he left it because the minister was abusing young people.He then joined another church not Anglican,but they were to political,so he  left that.He raised different questions, which I did my best to answer.He mentioned that his wife was a nurse,who turned from a belief in God ,because of all the people she saw dying. He spoke about faith in a trivial way but I assured him it was far from trivial,but I sensed that this was still seeking God, in spite of all all the obstacles he had encountered.For most people there are obstacles which they have to face if they want to know Christ,so it will always be,let us remember that obstacles are not there to put  one off, coming to Christ,they are there as a test,in which we must show how much we want Christ ,how much do we value Him,well then tell me, how much do you value Him?.

No comments: