verse of the day

Wednesday 21 June 2023

Are you weary? ( Isaiah 40 v 28 - 31 )

 I like my little garden but recently  I did not  have the enthusiasm that I once had ,but we have had a bit of good weather which encouraged me to continue on in my garden.As with me in my  garden,so life can get us down ,and wear us down,there are different things that can get us us down like feeling guilty, failure, regrets, negatively, people pleasing. Life can throw many things at us that can affect and wear us down. In that wonderful 23rd Psalm v 3 ,we read ,'He restoreth my soul ',Another translation has,'He refreshes my soul', It is not the soul as  wandering or backsliding from God rather he is talking about the life or spirit as being exhausted,wearied.troubled,anxious, worn down with care and toil'.(Barnes) Remember God always understands, and He is there for us at all times,and it is important that we remember,it is in His strength we live the Christian life.Here are words from Isaiah 41 v10 ,' I will strengthen you and help you'.He further tells us that unlike us He does not grow tired or weary,and that He gives strength to the weary. He further tells us that those who wait (hope) upon the Lord will renew their strength' ( (Isaiah 40 v 28 - 31) Ralph Carmichael wrote the following words.

                                        'Is your burden heavy as you bear it all alone?

                                        Does the road you travel harbour dangers yet 

                                        unknow.?

                                        Are you growing weary in the struggle of it all?

                                       Jesus will help you when on His name you call'


No comments: