verse of the day

Monday 9 May 2022

Thank you. (Isaiah 53 )

 Somethings you remember  until the day one dies,that moment when I was drowning as a young boy,how my life was saved thankfully  by one of the attendants at the swimming pool. One of the other most important things was passing my  driving test , I am so thankful for my wee wife and children praying while I did my test,and for God answering. Following that I am thankful for the lady who give me my first car, a  little, ' Morris Minor'.There are so many other things one could mention,here is the main one, a prayer of thanksgiving to God,'Thank you Lord for what you were prepared to endure for me on Calvary'. Yes me,why me? ,after all what have I ever done to deserve such love?,the answer is ,I did not deserve such love.I was born a sinner. As I look back on my life especially my thought life, I can assure you that I was far from God. The words from a hymn sum up what God did for me.                                                

                                                        'In loving kindness Jesus came,

                                                        My soul in mercy to reclaim

                                                        And from the depths of sin and shame,

                                                        Through grace He lifted me'  Words C.G.Homer.

Yes He suffered humiliation , flogging,the cross, but it did not stop there,there was an even deeper suffering, for on that cross He bore the wrath of God for me.There are no words that can describe the depths of that suffering,no artist could paint a picture of it.love so amazing so divine demands my soul my life my all.

                                                               Thank you Jesus.

No comments: