verse of the day

Saturday 21 May 2022

Sort of. ( Job 19 v 25 )

 I was standing waiting at a certain place,as I waited , I was singing quietly to myself, someone passing by heard me singing and commented on it. I spoke to him and said,''if you have the Lord in your life you can have a song'',he began walking away from me, and I asked him ,do you know the Lord?'', he answered ,''Sort of ''. One the meanings for the term ,'sort of', is vaguely, in other words ,uncertain,unclear,which to be me is a clear indication that he didn't know the Lord. It was the Lord who said,' I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me' (John 10 v 14) There is a certainty  in those words,the apostle Paul wrote ,'I know whom I have believed,and am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted  to  Him until that day'.I wonder can you say that ,or is your answer,'sort of ?'. I wonder can you say with a certainty,'The Lord is your shepherd?'. ( Psalm 23 v1 ) ,have you trusted Christ  as your own and personal Saviour?, my advice to you is ,to sort it out, trust Him today,and come into a sure and certain faith in Christ.

                                                       'Dear Saviour, Thou art mine,

                                                        How sweet the thought to me

                                                        Let me repeat Thou name

                                                        And lift my heart to Thee.

                                                        Mine! mine! mine! I know 

                                                        that art mine;

                                                        Saviour, dear Saviour, I know

                                                        that Thou  art mine.'

                                                               Words Anna Hudson.


No comments: