verse of the day

Thursday 12 May 2022

Only God . ( Psalm 121 )

Every morning before my wife goes out to work I pray with her that the Lord would keep her safe as she drives her car ,she works as a community care. Recently when she arrived home, she told me that she nearly had an accident with a young fellow on a scooter. When she told me that,I replied,'' that is why I pray with you,' that appears obvious ,and it is,as I look back on my life,God has preserved me on the road.Yes  I have had a few accidents during my time on the road, but I never been injured,I have had near misses.Psalm 121 is a wonderful Psalm , a favourite of many people,and v 8 reads,'The Lord shall preserve  your going out and your coming in,from this time forth,and even for evermore'.That includes everything,air ,sea,train, car and walking, so do get the good habit of praying whenever you go out.But it does not only include our travelling,for v7 reads,'The Lord; shall preserve you from all evil ; He shall preserve your soul.'  I have been following the Lord for 58 years, and in the words of a hymn,I have experienced ,many dangers, toils and snares.How have  I managed to come this far? the answer is God,it was Spurgeon who said,'Everyday one is a Christian its a miracle' I would say a big Amen to that.

No comments: