verse of the day

Sunday 22 May 2022

Change. ( Hebrews 13 v 8 )

 I recently returned from Belfast, I have not been there for 9yrs, and I have lived in England for over forty years. my visit was to do with my sister who passed away.She had suffered with dementia for two years, she was cared for by her husband,it was quite a challenge for him .One of the things that I observed in my visit home was the change that has taken place, since first I left Belfast,new houses built.,and so many other things.At the funeral I saw the change in those who were there,caused by ageing, and sickness, the hymn writer put it,'Change and decay in all around I see',so true.but he goes to say, 'O Thou who changest not abide with me'. I have seen much change in life,and experienced much,but here is the wonderful thing, the Lord Jesus who is with me, never changes,He always loves me, cares for me,watches over me,He is my constant friend and companion and I love Him so much, He will never,never,never,leave me ,nor forsake me.My burning desire is that all may know Him,who to know is life, and life eternal.

                                                      ' I have a friend that sticketh 

                                                    closer than a brother,his name is

                                                                    JESUS.'

No comments: