verse of the day

Saturday 28 May 2022

I ( Luke 12 v 16 - 21.

Our Saviour told the story of a man who was rich, prospering, had the world at his feet,we read about it in Luke 12 v 16 - 21. The man in the story used the personal pronoun at least 6 times,king I reigned  supreme in this man's life, he mentioned no one else,it appears that he didn't care for anyone else,and he most definitely didn't think about God.He was full of plans,the good life beckoned,it appeared that nothing stood in his way.Today as I write this,many, they are like that man, they are full of their plans ,king I  reigns,they are not accountable to anyone ,least of all God.There is a saying all good things must come to an end, and it most surely did for him.Here is his last words, And I'll will say to myself,'' You have plenty of grain laid up for many years,take life easy; eat, drink and be merry''.And here is the last word said to him,''You fool ! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have preserved for yourself?''.And that was it, no more planning ,no more time to seek God, a Christless eternity beckons,I urge you don't be blinded by the things of this life,get your priorities right,give the boot to king I,and trust Jesus as your Saviour, now.

No comments: