verse of the day

Thursday 19 November 2020

We are all the same. ( Romans 3 v 23 )

 William Carey served God in India, he translated the Bible into 6 Indian languages,and parts of other dialects, and languages.He did many other things, he was the founder of the English Baptist Missionary Society.One of the things he said was,''Expect great things from God,and attempt great things for God'   One of his characteristic was perseverance,he is thought to be the founder of modern missions.There was a time in his life when he became very seriously ill,it was thought he might die. He was asked if the sickness proved fatal,what Bible text would he select for his funeral service'.He replied ,'' Oh, I feel that such a poor  creature as me, is unworthy to have  anything said about him,he chose the following words and that nothing more  should be cut on his gravestone,'William Carey born August 17th died - . '' A wretched ,poor,and helpless worm. On Thy kind arms I  fall''.It was Isaiah the prophet  who cried out,''Woe to me'', I am ruined. For I am a man of unclean lips''  ( Isaiah 6 v 5 ) It was Peter the Apostle who fell on his knees before Jesus,and said,''I am a sinful man'',  ( Luke 5 v 8 ) and  it was the Apostle Paul who wrote,'Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners,of whom I am the worst'. ( 1 Timothy 1 v 15). No matter who we are, be it  a missionary,prophet,or apostle,we all have one thing in common, we are all  sinners,and need  Jesus to be our Saviour.


is 




No comments: