verse of the day

Sunday 8 November 2020

Are you listening?. ( 1 ) ( Hebrews 4 v 7 )

 I had finished reading ,but had not really concentrated on what I read, I am sure we all do this,when I was working,which involved  a lot of driving,sometimes  one didn't concentrate. How many people pray and sing hymns without concentration ,mouth the words,but that's all they are doing,just mouthing words.  In Matthew 11 v 15, Jesus says this,''Whoever has ears,let him hear''.Your wife is talking to you ,when  suddenly she stops talking, and says ,''you are not listening to me'',and then you reply,'' I was'',but you weren't. We smile, because we have all done it,but when Jesus spoke ,and speaks,it is vital that he is listened to. Many of the people Jesus dealt with, had their own agenda,a mind set that refused to listen to what he had to say .When the J Ws  call at ones door, they have a mind set,the result is they are not really listening,to what you have to say,they are  spiritually deaf of course.Often people turn off, when one witness'es to them,they don't want to hear.There will come a day when people will stand before Christ,and protest we did not hear you speaking,Jesus will reply,every time you passed by a church building ,I was speaking, every time Christmas came I was speaking,every time  Easter came, I was speaking,every time you saw a cross I was speaking,every  time you where offered a gospel tract I was speaking, every time you attended a funeral I was speaking Yes I was speaking,but you were not listening.

No comments: