verse of the day

Tuesday 10 November 2020

Are you listening? ( 3 ) Wisdom . ( 2 Timothy 3 v 15 - 16 )

 Proverbs 8 v 34 - 36, reads ,'Blessed is the man who listens to me,watching daily at my doors,waiting at my doorway. For whoever finds me finds life and receives favour from the Lord. But whoever fails to find me, harms himself; all who hate me love death.'The book of Proverbs is about the importance of  finding  God's wisdom,and the blessing that comes with it.The world is full of people who are wise in their own eyes,that is called worldly wisdom, this is from the proud in heart.On considering wisdom the most important wisdom I believe is being wise unto salvation. The Apostle Paul writing to a young man called Timothy, writes,' and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.Christian parent remember the most important thing your children  need  is not a university education,but to be taught the Word of God,that they may become wise unto salvation,by accepting Christ as their Saviour.

No comments: