verse of the day

Saturday 14 November 2020

Despairing saint. ( Isaiah 49 )

 We live in an uncertain world,the rich can loose their riches in a moment,the strong can become weak,those we love can be taken in a twinkling of an eye,all our plans can come to nothing.Yes we are fragile,a puff of wind can blow us over,need I go on. Even if you are a Christian, your world can fall around you,consider Job,in a moment he lost ten children,then he lost his wealth, and then he lost his health.Ask yourself ,how would you feel?,how would I feel?.In Isaiah 49 , we read that Israel was suffering ,and they cried out ( v 14),' The Lord has forsaken me,the Lord has forgotten me'',could it be that you feel like that? God's answer to Israel and to you was,'Can  a mother forget  the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne?.  Though she may forget, I will not forget you.See I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;( 15 -16 ). Spurgeon  comments on these words,'Heaven and earth may well be astonished that rebels should obtain so great a nearness to the heart of infinite love as to be written on the palms of His hands. ''I have engraved you'' .See the fullness of this. I have''engraved your person, your image,your case,your circumstances,your sins,your temptations,your weaknesses,your wants,your works;I have''engraved you'',  everything about you,all that concerns you;I have put you altogether there. Will you ever say again that God has forsaken you when He has ''engraved you'' on His own palms'

No comments: