verse of the day

Saturday 28 November 2020

24/7 ( 1) Psalm 46 .

 When I was younger I had two jobs one was full time ,the other part time,when you become a Christian,  we have to realize that it is full  time, 24/7 ,fifty two weeks of the year. It is a commitment ,we are always on duty,come what may,when I was a young lad ,I joined the army boy service,I signed on for 9 years,actually I only did nine months,I got discharged ,but when you are a  Christian you sign on for  life , you don't get discharged. Of course being a Christian is not a life time prison sentence,no, it is  the road of freedom,and the blessings are many,but also the challenges are many. It is a life of holiness,  a life  of faithfulness,a life where we are faced with obstacles,,and temptations,that will not change.The obstacles  that we meet are meant to be overcome,and when we don't overcome them  we must persevere,failure is not a get out clause,there are lessons to be learnt from our failures.Our sinful proud hearts are challenged,and we are made to realise how much we need God.The man who struggled with a severe disability ,could say, I can do all all things through Christ who strengthens me ( Philippians 4 v 13) We  will consider this further tomorrow.

No comments: