verse of the day

Sunday 24 June 2018

What if?. ( Psalm 18 v 30 )

I read this recently, ''Speculation about the might - have - been' or the ' what if' 'is always unprofitable, it might surprise us all as to how many people, think like that. No wonder we are told to  not dwell to much in the past of uncertainties, we can of course learn from the past,  When Hitler came into power,it is thought that if we had stood up to him, things would have been different, a what if. Looking  back we consider what might have been if we had a different person, or chose not to have children. I was in the army boy service ,having spoke to an officer called lieutenant Herd, that I was unhappy as a boy soldier, I received my discharge.What if I had stayed on ?,well I will never know, I was glad at the time.Later on in my life my wife and I applied to be missionaries in Brazil, it did not happen, but what if it had?.There are so many what-might-have been's,and what if''s in all our lives,   speaking personally,I look back not with disappointment, or full of regrets, but with gratitude for Gods sovereign providential working in my life. Without faith in Christ in my life , life would have no meaning,and no future, but with Him in ones life,we know a greater truth,all will be well both now and for the next life.                                                                                                                                                                                          All the way my Saviour leads me;                                                                                                            What have  I, to ask beside?                                                                                                                      Can I doubt His tender mercy,                                                                                                                    Who through life has been my guide.                                                                                                             ( Fanny J. Crosby  )

No comments: