verse of the day

Monday 18 June 2018

Don't know ( 1 Corinthians 13 )

One of my sons is struggling spiritually,so I am trying to help him,of course I am praying for him,and my prayer for him is simple,and yet for us all. It is that he may come through to a stronger faith, and trust God for the ,'don't knows', Paul wrote of knowing in part,or as J.B.Phillips ,''At present all I know is a little fraction of the truth'' ( 1 Corinthians 13 v 9 ),it is the trusting that is important .It is Selwyn Hughes ; writing on Job ,says ,''God never answered Job's questions ,instead he answered the real need of the questioner and provided a deeper knowledge of Himself. .....what Job needed-was to know God deeply, closely. Job had heard about God ,but now he sees Him.'I will not give answers', said God to Job; rather, it seems as if God were saying to Job,'I will give you something better - I will give you Myself'.                                                                                                                                                                                                                   A prayer.                                                                                                                       Dear God grant us a faith that will trust you when the                                                                                   'don't knows' come into my life, In  Jesus name                                                                                                   we ask this. Amen                                                                                                         
                                                           

No comments: