verse of the day

Monday 7 May 2018

I know. ( 1 Corinthians 15 v 50 - 58 )

'I know where I'm going, and I know who's going with me',these are the words from an old Scottish or Irish folk song. A thought came to me recently, it was I don't know how I will leave this existence   but I do know where I am going,and I know who will be with me.Now, as to how I will leave this existence ,it may be through a violent death,a terminal illness,or I may just die in my sleep,it is in Gods hands,how I die and indeed when I die.But irrespective of these things I do know where I am going,what I mean is this, God  has given me eternal,the moment I trusted Jesus as my Saviour,I am not going to Hell, oh yes there is a place called  hell,we believe it is clearly taught in scripture,in Matthew 25 v 46, Jesus said,''These will go away into eternal punishment,but the righteous into eternal life.''I know who's going with me,what do I mean by that?,I mean Christ will be with me, no Christian goes into eternity alone Christ is with them, Psalm  23 v 4 ,reads ,''Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me'' It is all because of Him that we can have this wonderful assurance ,in relation to death, and eternity, do you have that assurance?, you can when you accept Jesus as your Saviour.

No comments: