verse of the day

Wednesday 2 May 2018

He is not wearing a tie. ( 1 Samuel 16 v 7 )

When Samuel was looking for Gods man, he made a mistake that many of us make, he judged according to appearance, and God told him something that many of us do not take in.Here is what He told him ,'' The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart'',  ( 1 Samuel 16 v 7 ).Consider  the following words ,''He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him''. ( Isaiah 53 v 2 )Who is the prophet speaking of ? Jesus, people despised Him because of were He came from   ( John 1 v 46 ),they despised Him because of His background,( John  6 v 42 ). I love wearing nice clothes, when I go to meet with my fellow Christians,I  put on my nice attire. One morning I was still in my night attire,unshaven, slippers an old cardigan, I looked scruffy, and I said to my wife,what if I went to church like this?, I suppose they may think I am mentally ill,but I am not,I am just dressed different. We all need to break out of our prejudices,whither it is against foreigners,dress code,where people live,what people work at,their lack of education, why? because if we don't we are not seeing people with the eyes of God . The Christ of God saw one thing, peoples need, and He met that need, He calls us to follow in His footsteps,are we willing?

No comments: