verse of the day

Tuesday 3 April 2018

Come home. 9 Luke 15 v 11 - 32 )

Fifty four years ago I attended a local church in Belfast ,it was Easter Sunday, I was just turning twenty, that evening my life was changed, for ever. Earlier in my life I had various experiences within the  Christian church,all where positive. As a little lad I asked Jesus into my heart,but I did not follow him as I ought , as I grew older I began following Him again ,in a more meaningful way,for a while, even being baptised. But that lasted for a little while and then as before I stopped following, I went on like that until that fateful night in Belfast, fifty four years ago..Could be, you identify with my experience  I am not sure why, I acted like I did,  but the main thing is ,God did not give up on me,He could have but He didn't. I can somewhat identify with Israel,read the book of Judges, and you see a people who where continually backsliding,to use a old fashion term  ,which we read about in OT .Are you a backslider?,have you like me an Israel of old wondered away from God?. wandered away from your  Saviour,is it not time that you came back to Christ.When you wander away from Jesus ,you gather so  much rubbish in ones life ,things that can cause you so much pain,and damage ,God still loves you , hear Him, ''yes I still love you,come home. ''                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         I've wandered far away from God;                                                                                                            Now I'm coming home;                                                                                                                              The paths of sin too long I've trod;                                                                                                             Lord ,I'm coming home.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 I've wasted many precious years;                                                                                                               Now I'm coming home;                                                                                                                             I now repent with bitter tears;                                                                                                                   Lord, I'm coming home.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 I'm tired of sin and straying Lord;                                                                                                             Now I'm coming home;                                                                                                                             I'll trust Thy love,believe Thy word;                                                                                                         Lord I'm coming home.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 My soul is sick, my heart is sore;                                                                                                               Now I'm coming home;                                                                                                                             My strength renew, my hope restore;                                                                                                         Lord, I'm coming home.                                                                                                                             (  Words .....W.J.Kirkpatrick )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

No comments: