verse of the day

Monday 15 August 2016

Not forgotten [Isaiah 49 v 14-16 ]

There I was about to preach,when I discovered I had the wrong sermon notes,with me.what was I to do?.Well it all worked out,my friend the pastor
nipped back to his home and brought me the right notes.Everything worked out fine.I envy those ministers who can preach without notes,when I used to sing I always had the words in front of me.A good memory is a wonderful thing ,Luther stressed the importance of a good memory if one was a preacher.When Joseph was in  prison[Genesis 39v19/40-41]he was in prison
for 13years,during that time he had interpreted two dreams,of  Pharaoh's
cup bearer, and his baker,these two men had offended Pharaoh,and so landed in prison.The cup bearer was told by Joseph he would be released and restored to his former position,the baker was told he would die.Joseph asked the cup bearer to mention to Pharaoh his plight,but he forgot.never giving him a thought.But God had not forgotten Joseph,and in His time He brought Joseph out,remember our times our in His hands.In fact God says as to His children ,''Can a woman forget her nursing child,that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb. Even these may forget ,yet I will not forget you''.[Isaiah 49v15].
                                            A  prayer
Dear God we praise You that none of your dear children are forgotten by You people may forget about us but you wont,we thank You in Jesus Name Amen.

No comments: