verse of the day

Saturday 6 August 2016

A little bird told me [ Ecclesiastes 10 v20]

I let something slip out when I was speaking to someone,and later on I felt concerned that it may be repeated,and so cause a misunderstanding.It was a reminder to me,and I do need reminded,to watch my words,for we all know the danger in careless words.Once we say something anything,those words
cannot be taken back.In Ecclesiastes 10 v20,we read,''Never make light of the king,even in your thoughts.And don't make fun of the powerful, even in your own bedroom. For a little bird might deliver your message and tell them what you said''.I suppose that's were the saying comes from a little bird told me,but the important thing is this,be careful what we say,even to our closest friends.Remember people love to share things,years ago,I remember an old lady who came into our home,and the first thing she would say was,''did you hear what'',Again  we read in Ecc 5 v2 ,''Do not be quick with your mouth,do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven,and you are on earth,so let your words be few''. In other words ,God is listening,that should cause us all  to pray everyday, for God to help us ,to watch what we say.
                                         A prayer.
Dear God forgave us those things we said ,that we should not have,dear God help us to watch what we say in Jesus name Amen.
                     [I will return on Tuesday 9th every blessing]

No comments: