verse of the day

Thursday 24 April 2014

Praise our great Creator.[ Psalm 150]

I was in my garden and I heard singing,I stood and and tried to identify the singer,to no avail,he or she remained hidden to my sight,I am talking about a bird,what the bird was I don't know, it may have been a starling. This anonymous singer did not receive any  fee or applause,I suppose I must have been the only one to hear it sing,but I am sure God heard and was pleased,I know I was.There is still much beauty in this world,which we so often miss, be it a bird singing,a star filled sky,or whatever,much has been marred by the fall,it is David who declares that the heavens declare the glory of God [Psalm 19v1]. If this fallen creation declares the glory of God,I wonder what that new heaven and earth will be like [Isaiah 65v17/ 66v22/2  Peter 3 v13/ Revelation 21v1 ],I can only imagine.So often we are taken up with the fallenness of this world,today look up,admire the beauty of Gods world,smell a flower,listen to the birds singing,look at a little child,and praise our great creator.
                                        For the beauty of the earth,for the beauty of the skies,
                                         For the love which from our birth
                                         Over and around us lies.
                                         Father unto Thee we raise
                                         This our sacrifice of praise.[F.S,Pierpoint]
                                                       Amen.

No comments: