verse of the day

Friday 25 April 2014

Anger [Galations 5 v 19-26]

I  have a confession to make I have a temper,as I look back on my life,it has dogged my footsteps,is a blight on my life,most times I am patient,and placid,but there are times when my temper takes over.It is an ongoing battle,the answer is not in anger management,but in first of all acknowledging it, to pray about it continually, to ask the Holy Spirit to begin to change me.There may be reasons to get angry,but that does not give us a reason to be angry,we do read of righteous anger,but most times my anger is far from that. So maybe you can pray for me ,now what about you?do you despair at your weaknesses?or do you seek God?.We all need to seek God, for he is the one who will perfect that which concerneth us, we really need to be honest with ourselves,and with God,I stressed the importance of prayer,not a one of thing but a continual seeking of God. We soon forget our weaknesses until the next time they surface ,being forgetful can be dangerous, every day bring that weakness to God, don't blame others for your weakness,be it temper,or whatever,for then we end up justifying it,confess it for what it is,sinful.By the way I may be Irish but that's no excuse,you may have red hair, none of these things are an excuse for our anger.
A  prayer...../Dear God forgive us for our sinful actions,be they in word or deed,we offer no excuses,but ask in Your mercy,to perfect that which concerneth us in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: