verse of the day

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Not forgsaken nor forgotten. [Isaiah 49 v 14-16]

I was making a cup of tea for myself,boiled the water, I then took a tea bag from the container put it ,in my mug, and then absentmindedly poured the boiling water into the container with the tea bags in it. My mind was on other things and I temporally had forgotten what I was doing,maybe it is a reminder that I am seventy years of age,and that it was a senior moment. In Isaiah 49 ,The nation of Israel cry out,/the Lord has forsaken ,and forgotten us[v14] Dear child of God could it be that you feel like this,problems and difficulties are mounting up,problems with your children,your marriage,problems at work,problems ,problems,and more problems.When Gideon was called by God to deliver Israel,he asked a question,/If the Lord be with us,why then is all this befallen us? [Judges 6 v13] Now of course there are many reasons why things befall us,the word of God tells us that God in His souvereignty is working all things for the good of His children [Romans 8 v28].Here is what He declared his people, /Behold I have engraved you on the palms of my hands/[v16],in other words they where not forgotten by God,nor would ever be, even though so often they had forsaken and forgotten Him. Unlike you and me God is never absent minded or forgetful of You His dear child.
A  prayer...../Dear God we thank You, that no matter who may forget us or forsake us You wont,we thank You in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: