verse of the day

Sunday 6 October 2013

The answer is on it's way [ Romans 4 v 17ff]

I hear myself saying it will happen,and then ,but when?,I am talking about what I believe God has promised me,one prays and prays and prays and it has not happened.I phoned one of my sons recently and as I spoke to him he said, I was just about to call you, and I jokingly said,before you call I have answered. I recently prayed about something and when I looked at my email,the answer had come,but often it is keep on asking,keep on seeking,keep on knocking. I think of the Soviet Union,and the many Christians who endured so much,and how we prayed and prayed,that things would change,and praise God they did.Consider how long Joseph's trial lasted, how he must have prayed and prayed,the fact of the matter is must run their course,until God see's fit to end that particular trial. Sometime it appears that nothing will happen ,that child they prayed for,that relief from a particular trial,has passed them by,but then it happens,a child is born,the trial is lifted.In such times of trials the Christian is called on to exercise patience,and perseverance,and trust in God who is faithful,and will always keep His word.
A  prayer....../Dear God  grant us grace to hold on in our trials ,to trust in Your perfect will for our lives, and that delay is not denial,in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: