verse of the day

Tuesday 22 October 2013

And sae the Lord be thanket. [ Psalm 116 v 12 ]


Sometimes I stop and remember former days,when I was young,no TV,very few had a telephone,or a car,poor housing,and many other things.Then I consider the here and now,the dramatic change in things,mobile phones,many people have a car,nice housing ,even computers,and I think how God has blessed me,and so many.in our nation. Yet so many people appear to take so much for granted,and are so quick to complain,and never raise a thank you to God. The days for many are gone when we would get things on tick,but how greatful are we?,it is a good question,how do you respond to the blessings that you have?. The Psalmist askes the same question,/What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benifites towards me?[ 116 v12]/,let us consider these words,here is the Psalmist response,/I will offer to Thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving,and will call upon the name of the Lord/[v17] Spurgeon wrote,This is due to our God,good for ourselves,and encouraging to others/ I was speaking to a friend telling them of a particular blessing,and she said, how lucky I was, but I said, the Lord is good.No it is not luck,it is the Lord who daily loads us with benifites.I had to smile at a grace,called Burns grace[Robert Burns],I will end with it.
                                          Some hae meat and canna eat,
                                          And some wad eat that want it,
                                          But we hae meat,and we can eat,
                                           And sae the Lord be thanked.

No comments: