verse of the day

Wednesday 9 October 2013

He shall choose [ Psalm 47 v4 ]

Life is about making choices,and often we are not clear as to the choice we should make,recently we bought a car,it appeared to be what I wanted,I had done my homework,and  I had prayed,but when we got it,we found it had problems,so we had to get rid of it,we changed it for another car.What had gone wrong ?,I had made my choice but it was not Gods choice,that is the conclusion I have come to. Newman in his hymn ,Lead kindly light, which really is a prayer ,prays for Gods leading,he writes/,I loved to choose my path,but now lead lead Thou me on,one step enough for me/.The Christian life is one of following Jesus,of making choices as to what is the will of God,and  this is not easy,we often make choices even after praying that may not be Gods choice.Could it be that God allows us to make the wrong choice,in order to teach us lessons that we need to learn?. In Psalm 47 v4 we read,He shall choose our inheritance for us,very meaningful words,with hindsight we appreciate many things,and I am ever so grateful,that God choose my pathway.Here is a prayer by Horatius Bonar, which we can end with.
               /  Thy way, not mine, O Lord,however dark it be,Lead me by Thine hand choose out the path for me. Not mine,not mine the choice,in things or great or small.Be Thou my guide, my strength, my wisdom, and my all.  Amen./

No comments: