verse of the day

Saturday 5 October 2013

Slow to anger[ James 1 v19 ]

Lastly let us consider from James 1 v 19,/slow to wrath/it is a bit funny for I had nearly completed this blog when I touched a key,and it was gone,to where I don't know,I must confess I felt angry, felt like doing something drastic to my little lap top,but I didn't,the world is full of people who are quick to get angry,with dire results,and although by Gods grace I have changed, there are times when the old Billy manifests his ugly side.People would be amazed if they knew me as God does, I am sure that applies to all of us. In Proverbs 16 v32 we read,/He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty/,Bridges in his commentary,tells how the Emperor Valentinian ,said as he lay dying, that his greatest conquests ,was the one he had over a haughty spirit/.Our wretched heart has so many inclinations to do evil,so many things, that if they are not kept in check, can destroy us. What we must do if we are to begin to overcome a hasty spirit, is to acknowledge the wrongness of it, stop making excuses,and start confessing to God any failure in any area of our lives, until we do this, there is no hope of us overcoming it.Acknowledging it, confessing it ,forsaking it,only with Gods sanctifying grace have we any hope of victory,as Bridges so rightly comments,/Christian, never forget the source of victory-Through Him that loved us [Romans 8 v37 ]
A  prayer......./Dear God ,You know us better than we know ourselves,grant us grace to change in Jesus name. Amen /

No comments: