verse of the day

Thursday 3 October 2013

Are we listening? [ James 1 v19 ]


There is a verse in James which I believe we need to consider,I know I do,it is to be found in James 1v19,it reads/Wherefore , my beloved brethren,let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak,slow to wrath/ This is a verse we should memorise,pray over it every day asking God to help us practise these very challenging words. Now although it is aimed at men, it applies to male and female,James addresses them in a loving way,my beloved brethren,you will get further if people know you are speaking in love.His words are addressed to everyone ,so we are told, let us be swift to here,my study Bible comments,we talk too much and listen too little. If that is so, maybe we need to ask,who are we trying to impress?,it applies also to our relationship with our God,especially with God,but we need to practise it with everyone,with our children,our wives/husbands,those we come into contact with.  So here is the word for all of us today and everyday,be swift to listen.
A  prayer..... / Dear God help us to be good listener's in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: