verse of the day

Monday 3 October 2011

A fear I have.[ Galations 2 v 1- 21 ]

I attend a local church , so what, everyone should attend a local church , but I have a fear, and its this, causing trouble,causing division. I wear a little cross around my neck,but if I go to preach somewhere,and it may appear to be a problem, I will take it of. If I am asked to preach at a church, which holds a different veiw than what I hold, say on prophecy, I will try not to cross them. Now of course I hold clear veiws on Christian doctine, on hell,salvation, the Trinity, the Word of God. I am an evangelical ,all right I try not to be an obnoxious evangelical there are a few about. But coming back to causing trouble in a local fellowship, how can one avoid doing this? our Saviour said blessed are the peacemakers, yes we should seek to be a peacemaker, we should be prepared to yield on secondary things , but when it comes to vital truth, like Luther I declare, here I stand I can do no other.Let us never forget that the reformation was not about secondary things.
A prayer /Help us to see what is vital truth, to not yield on it,help us also to be willing to yeild
on those things that are secondary, in Jesus name. Amen /

No comments: