verse of the day

Tuesday 4 October 2011

The Daily Light . [ Psalm 119 v105 ]

We all have favourite things, I have a favourite author, favourite hymns,songs, movies, food and many other things.One of my most favourite books is a book called, Daily Light, first published in 1794,it is a daily reading, and it is made up ,of scripture, there is a morning and evening reading.A godly man , Samuel Bagster and his family put it together. This little book has been such a blessing to me and to countless others, I love it in the AV , I bought my son John a copy ,and he mentioned recently how it was a blessing to him. So often this little book has brought me a needful word, of guidance, or encouragement, I remember on the day I was coming to England to be a minister, travelling in a little Morris Minor car with my four children, and of course my dear wife, I read the following. /He lead them on safely[Psalm 78v53] , this was followed by,/Behold, I send an angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared[ Exodus 23v20 ], and praise His name ,He did just that.
A prayer /Dear God thank you for those godly people who were guided by Your Spirit to
write godly literture, that comfort and bless Your people, in Jesus name. Amen ./

No comments: