verse of the day

Saturday 6 September 2008

Was it by chance? [Genesis 24 v 27 [A V]

Was it by chance I met an old friend while on holiday ? someone I had not seen for many years, no it was not by chance, I believe in the providence of God. What is the providence of God ? it is not fatalisim, it is a belief that God is sovereign, and as one writer puts it,/ that everything in the world and in our lives down to the minutest details is ordered by God/. I commend a book to you , it is , /The mystery of providence, by John Flavel, [ Banner of Truth ]. As I look back on my life I see the hand of God, clearly in my life, ruling and overruling, and causing all things to work together for my good [ Romans 8 v28 ] [Mighty Sovereign God we thank You for your providential workings in our lives, in Jesus name we pray this , Amen ]

No comments: