verse of the day

Wednesday 10 September 2008

Clay. [ Romans 8 v29 ]

While on holiday we visited a place where you could try your hand in making a clay pot, I ended up with something that may pass for an egg cup. Making pots from clay has been around for a long time , you throw a piece of soft clay unto a moveable surface, as it moves round you apply water and work the clay with your hands, shaping it , making it to your desired shape. It is in Jeremiah 18, and Romans 9, that God is seen as a potter, His people are the clay, His purpose is to make them,and shape them, to become like His Son,[ Romans 8 v29 ]. This making and shaping can be a painful experience, but is necessary, for all of us, if we are going to be like Jesus.[ Have thine own way, Lord, have thine own way , Thou art the potter , I am the clay,mould me and make me after thy will, while I am waiting , yielded and still, Amen ]

No comments: