verse of the day

Sunday 7 September 2008

Saints [ Romans 1v7 ]

I have returned from a holiday in Cornwall , which I enjoyed, we stayed at Saint Ives, a lovely little town, it lies in the bay of St Ives. There are a number of towns named after saints, St Austell, St Just, St Mawes, I dont know much about these saints,but it got me thinking about saints. I wonder what your idea of a saint is?. There are three ideas in relation to saints, someone who is very good,loving and kind. Next there is the idea of someone who people pray to,[ of course the Bible clearly teaches that this is wrong], and it is to the bible we turn to for the true meaning of saints, and this is a term used for all Christians, [ C.P= Ephesians 1v1,15, 18. ] in other words all those saved by the grace of God .[ Father we thank You that You have called us Saints, help us by your grace to show a saintliness in our lives , in Jesus name we ask this. Amen ]

No comments: