verse of the day

Friday 18 July 2008

No easy answers. [1 Corinthians 13 v 12 ]

One of my favourite brodcasters Alistair Cooke, said when he heard Duke Ellington the great jazz entertainer had died,I dont have to believe it , if I want to. I can appreciate what he said for there are somethings to painful to accept. Coming to terms with painful experiences,abuse, loss, failure, betrayal, and so on, whats the answer?, is there an answer?.Did Job get an answer to all his loss? it does not appear he did, but somehow he appears to have coped, I dont have any quick fix answers, I read these words in Romans 15v 4, that the scriptures give us hope and encouragement, the scriptures tells us that God loves us, that He is with us in ever trial, and in the words of the old hymn, to sanctify to us our deepest distress, yes there are no easy answers, but there are answers. [Father God we wish somethings did not happen, but they do, please help us to face whatever happens in our lives, with courage and trust , in Jesus name we ask this, Amen .]

No comments: