verse of the day

Wednesday 16 July 2008

Caught out [ Matthew 5 v38 -42 ]

I had an experience yesterday, when I found myself in a conflict situation, I was caught out, it was unexpected. Inspite of the fact we are warned to be on our guard we do get caught out, the question I ask is this, did I handle it right, I hope so.What I have done is commit it to God , and am seeking to leave it with Him, although I am finding it hard. The challenge of our Lords teaching in Matthew 5 v39,is to be taken seriously , But I say unto you, That you resist not evil, but whososver shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. Oswald Chambers , wrote,Naturally, if a man does hit back , it is because he is a coward, but spiritually if a man does not hit back, it is a manifestation of the Son of man in him. This is the challenge for all of us , even when we are caught out. [ Dear Lord Jesus help us in every situation to reflect You, Amen ]

No comments: