verse of the day

Tuesday 1 July 2008

Guilt [Romans 8 v 1 ]

I remember years ago a man reproaching me for having a record collection, the same person was good at loading others with guilt, yet he was a backslider,and in comparison to me he was very well of. We live in a needy world so many crying out for help, regularly I recieve literature from charities , the needs are endless, we can so easy be filled with guilt, let me say this, dont. It is important to see the importance of giving regularly, yes sacrificial at times , but dont , I emphasize , dont be driven by guilt, be led by the Spirit. I can assure you being lead by the Spirit will bring challenges, and yes sacrifice , so refuse to be driven by guilt today. [Father You are the giving God , all we have comes from you, we thank you, and we pray that you help us to be generous, to be lead in our giving not by guilt but by your Spirit, in Jesus name we ask this, Amen. ]

No comments: