verse of the day

Wednesday 9 July 2008

Do what you can. [ 1 Corinthians 1 v 26 - 29 ]

Before my voice began to manifest the ravages of time , I used to sing regularly, I still sing but only occasionally, I had a strong voice. Some people were blessed by my singing and occaionally, a person would say I wish I could sing like you, [ I found it strange if a woman said this...Joke ] I understand what they meant. If only they knew how difficult I found singing , I often found it stressful at times, as I was limited musically, and needed always to read the words as I sang, I never could trust my memory, I can assure you my singing was done in much weakness. The thing is , I did the best I could with what I had, and trusted God to help me, and to bless. There was a young boy, and all he had was his lunch, yet he gave it to Jesus, and it was used to bless five thousand plus, he gave what he had ,it wasnt a lot, but Jesus accepted it. Let us do what we can , give what we can, be it ever so little, our Saviour will accept it, and make it a blessing.[ Dear Lord Jesus, take our weakness, our limitations, we offer them to You, and bless them for Your glory, Amen. ]

No comments: