verse of the day

Wednesday 1 May 2024

The word of God. (Isaiah 40 v 8 )

 The longest Psalm is 119 it has 176 verses,the longest chap in the bible,and it is divided up into 22  portions and each portion is  headed by a letter from the Hebrew alphabet,twenty two in total. Portion 9-16 is a word for young people, although it could apply to all ages. Verse 9 reads.

                                           'How can a young person stay on the path of purity?' 

There are so many things that young people have to face in life that can harm them,in the sexual area, that's a major thing,addictive things,wrong company,etc .The answer to the question is this,

                                             By living according to your word.

Yes God's word is the answer v105 tell's us that God's word is ,'A lamp to our feet,and a light to our path'. The young people of the world,are walking in darkness,and when you walk in darkness then you will be sure to fall morally. One my son's called Brian ,and his wife served the Lord in Ibiza,and they saw the state that many young people got into,at times it was very grim.If your a young Christian  you need to live by God's word. ( This applies to all of us. next we are told ),

                                             I have hidden your word in my heart 

                                             that I might not sin against you. v10.

It 's good to read God's word,but we must remember what it says,and obey it,James 1 v 22 reads,'Do nit merely listen to the word,and so deceive yourselves' Memorise it ,and live by it'

                                               'I delight in your decrees;

                                                I will not neglect your word'.

He is saying,' I love the word of God ,I treasure it , it will be my daily bread,it will be my purest delight.I know if I neglect it,I will be self harming my soul.'

                                           'Don't let  dust gather on your Bible'



                                         


No comments: