verse of the day

Friday 3 May 2024

Stuck in the mire (Psalm 40 v 1-5)

 Michael Wilcock wrote the following,' Are you stuck in the mire? Then get stuck into the scriptures!'It made me smile,but it's very good advice,I have had my moments of being stuck in the mire,In Pilgrims Progress ,Christians finds himself in what is called ,'The  slough of despond' ,and it only became worse as he went along,as he met all sorts of people like ,Mr Obstinate,Mr  Pliable and a certain Mr Worldly  Wiseman. You see he failed to follow instructions of the man called Evangelist,but eventually he met a man who told him to keep to the straight and narrow path,and it would lead him to the place of deliverance.If like Christian we go to any Tom, Dick or Harry, that will not help ,yes there are many  voices calling out to us, but where will they lead us?where are you looking to find refuge?,Here is a word  from God to you ,spoken by a man who found himself stuck in the miry clay,he declares ,'I waited patiently for the Lord,he turned to be me,and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire'.And two wonderful things happened,'He set him upon a rock',that's a place of certainty and this followed by a note of certainty and rejoicing,,from  despair ,and being downcast ,to singing praises unto God.

No comments: