verse of the day

Saturday 5 February 2022

It's just me. ( Romans 8 v 29 )

There was  lady in the church where I was joint leader,and she was so unpleasant,people knew what she was like ,and they would say,'that's just Ann'.  and they where absolutely correct, that sums it up . Let me move away from Ann,to Bill the preacher,no, lets take away the preacher bit,and lets consider Bill,like Ann I have been a Christian a long time,and I often display the old Bill, I wander if  their are people,and they say about me,''oh ,that's just Bill'',and they are absolutely right,sad to say.. It was the greatest of the prophets John the Baptist ,who said something  so challenging,when  he said,''He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less''John 3 v 30,John was speaking about Jesus.It raises this question,how much of Christ am I like,in my character.oh yes I will always be Billy, but will I be a Christlike Billy?.I have a friend who became a Christian,and some of the family didn't like it ,but his mother said ,''he is different,''and the difference was Christlikeness.

No comments: